Get fantastic views of the penguins from their pool side whilst you give them a fish feast!
This encounter allows you to get close to our South American Humboldt penguins as you join the zoo keeper at one of their daily feeds. Participants are taken to the pool side area where a bucket of fish will be provided to throw into the water to feed the penguins. Any spectators are able to watch from the viewing bridge above the penguin pool. This encounter is particularly popular during the winter months so early booking is recommended!
- Location: Meeting point next to the pygmy goats outside Muddy Duck Farm
- Time: 12pm and 3:30pm during summer, 11am and 1pm during winter. Participants will be met by a keeper and taken to the penguin enclosure. Please ensure you have your tickets to hand.
- Duration: 20 to 30 minutes
- Exclusions: The Penguin Encounter is limited to 2 people per session and is offered subject to availability.
Participants must be a minimum of 8 years old, and under 12s must be accompanied by an adult paying for another place on the encounter.
Unaccompanied under 12s will not be permitted to take part in the encounter.
Please ensure that you are wearing sensible footwear and waterproof clothing as most encounters take place outdoors.
Spectators are welcome but are not permitted into the animal enclosures and must pay admission into the park.
- Cost: £20 per person (Admission to the park not incuded)